101* things I missed blogging about over the last few weeks
(*note: number may or may not refer to actual count of items in the list below, and most likely refers to the number of posts in this blog so far):
- Western Australia had an election…
- Malcolm Turnbull was voted as Leader of the Federal Opposition…
- when Nelson “did a Carps” and called a spill in an attempt to catch Mal off guard. Oops.
- Kerry O’Brien had a go at Mal for claiming to be a Typical Aussie Battler.
- Mal had a go about how Kevin Rudd is so totally rich.
- And Ben Pobjie the new matilda wrote what may be my favouritest political article ever on the whole thing.
- The US Election got into full-swing…
- The US economy went into full uh-oh mode.
- In the wonderful world of science…
- The Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator started up, with great fanfare AND doomsday fears ( see http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/)
- A week later, it turned out that it broke on the first day. Bummer.
- But at least a cute, white, scientist chick did a fun rap song about it’s theoretical awesomeness.
- On the education front…
- Administrators at my old uni are apparently a widdle wupset over the damage being caused by a couple of blog posts I wrote earlier this year (who’d’ve ever thought I’d be so influential?? Not me, that’s for sure.)
- And in proof that it’s not just ND that is lame-o, the Uni of WA decided to slash the number of undergrad courses they offer (they reckon “employers would approve”) in a move which pretty much signifies that we’re well and truly in the dusking of the age of enlightenment (or that UWA peeps have forgotten that Julie Bishop ain’t Education Minister any more)
- Law-stuff included…
- Awesome TV shows right now…
- Personal stuff included…
- An appreciation for the teachings of The Buddha, through, of all things, Twitter.
- I joined the Australian Youth Climate Change Coalition. (Starting on Goal # 5! But I haven’t had time to actually do anything since joining, but I’m working on that)
- Speaking of goals, my gym-going schedule has been fairly ok, but I think I’ve been going pretty lamely on the rest. Ah well.
Right, that’ll do. I’m not going to count those things, because I suck at counting, but, I hope y’all enjoy those links til I find time to get back to seriously writing about stuff… hopefully not too long now!
Until then, in the words of Gossip Girl,
you know you love me